Wednesday, June 11, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I finally had some time the past couple of weeks to work on something that was not "for" anybody.  So I googled some fat quarter and layer cake pattern/tutorials and found this one for fat quarters.  

It calls for 12 fat quarters, but I had a bundle that had nine coordinating quarters, so that is what I used.  My finished quilt will be approx 40" square. 


Then I saw this striped fabric on the Fat Quarter Shop's Flash Sale page, and thought it would make a perfect backing.  It's not a 100% match but for the backing I think it will be great. 


 I've never used a striped backing before and I'm pretty sure the stripes are gonna be a little 'off' along the edges, but I'm not gonna obsess over it too much. 

I have it almost basted and hope to start quilting on it in the next day or so.  Between keeping the grandbaby a couple of times this week, and my daughter's upcoming baby shower this weekend, it might be a week or two before I get it done.  I'm in no hurry.  

Linking up with WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced. 
and with Fabric Frenzy Friday @ Fort Worth Fabric Studios. 

You can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Bloglovin, and Etsy.

3 comments:

  1. Cute baby quilt! Nice palette for either a boy or a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute, and such cheerful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that color palette and stripes are fun and can be a wee bit frustrating when they aren't printed straight. I don't stress too much over "imperfections" otherwise I'd never finish. A great combination of fabric and pattern.

    ReplyDelete